Consistency is the only and biggest determinant of change and goal achievement. Consistent effort. Negative talk has no place in changing for the better. Hating your body or its size and shape will only bring on toxic behavior. Wanting to change while you are not healthy is the impetus of love.
If you have been trying to get in shape, lose weight, get stronger and change composition, then what are you doing the most of? Sitting? Thinking about how bad your body feels or looks? Eating more than necessary to feel better? Jumping on bandwagons? Starving? Binging?
Are you putting in effort with exercise almost every day? Are you eating more produce than sugar and starch? More protein than processed? Do you drink a lot of water and not a lot of other things? Are you moving frequently after and before exercise? Sitting for no more than 60 minutes, all the time? Have you learned when you are hungry and full? Can you trust your pantry items to support your goals?
If you are doing more of the former and getting frustrated because exercise and nutrition does work for you, you are right, but the only reason that is true is because you are not really giving it consistent high effort. It is hard to change. It is hard to not be lazy and relax. It is hard to choose moving over lots of other things. It is hard to go against social norms. But when 60% to 80% of the normal adult American population is not active enough to be disease free, you need to fight it. When you recognize you need more effort, more support and encouragement, more guidance or more motivation it is important to get some. Asking for help can put you in contact with fitness professionals who can reach your goals.
Any Activity Can Benefit from Professional Instruction
Fishing, like fitness, is more enjoyable if you get the chance to work with a professional trainer. Whether you are looking to understand the use of the best custom fly reels or you want someone to help you find the best fishing spots, starting with some professional instruction will make this activity more fun. Back country locations are sometimes hidden and you often need to have the right kind of permission to get access. And any good fisherman can tell you that even with the fly rod reels, if you cannot find the right location the fly rod reels will do know good. Whether you are looking for fly fishing outfits or you are in search of a new style of fly rod reels, it is important to make use of the best resources, especially when you are getting started.
And while you may be able to at least attempt fitness workouts at your home, when it comes to understanding fly rod reels and the techniques required to use them, investing in a professional guide is a worthwhile investment. Consider some of these facts and figures about fly fishing, one of the most popular outdoor activities:
- Past research indicates that as many as 51.59 million people went fishing in the year 2017. As an outdoor activity where it is easy to social distance, there are indications that fishing may increase in popularity.
- Although there might be a perception that fishing is a sport for older folks, the reality is that more than 60% of recreational fishing participants were under 45 in the year 2017.
- There was just under 30 million paid fishing license holders in the country in 2018. The gross cost of these fishing licenses exceeded $720 million in that year.
- Working a fishing trip into a schedule can be addictive, as represented by the fact that in 2017 the largest share of fishing participants went on four to eleven trips. A small percentage went on fishing outings more than 104 times that year.
- In 2017, more than 49 million Americans participated in freshwater, saltwater, and fly fishing.
- Approximately 9.6 billion pounds of fish were caught in the U.S. in 2016.
- Research from 2018 indicated that 20.38% of respondents between the ages of 18 and 29 years went fishing in the last 12 months.
From fitiness to fishing, stay active!