You have one last weekend at the lake planned. Ever sense you found the used boat for sale, you have made a point of getting to the lake more often. For next summer, you are hoping to visit one of the local Arctic cat dealers see if you can find something else that your family will enjoy during your weekends at the lake. Finding the right kinds of recreational vehicles for everyone in your family means that everyone has fun when you are at the lake. Fortunately, you have a pretty good working knowledge of the best prices for the used boats for sale in the area, so you have done a good job of paying the right price for all of the things that you enjoy most.
If you are someone who has a lake house, you know the importance of finding the right kind of boat, water skis, and other fun lake toys. In fact, one of the best things about being at the lake is to make sure that you enjoy your time outside. And while there are some rainy days where it might be nice to be inside, the reality is that it is always better to be outside when you get the chance.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the boating industry and how it impact the economy of the nation:
- 95% of boats on the water in the U.S. are small in size at less than 26 feet in length, which means that they are boats that can be trailered by a vehicle to local waterways. This includes powerboats, personal watercraft, and sailboats.
- 95% of boats sold in the U.S. are made in the U.S.
- During the year 2016, sales of new powerboats increased 6% to 7%.
- 95% of all Americans live within an hour’s drive of a navigable body of water.
- With 11 people on board, an average pontoon boat with a 115 horsepower engine can reach 22 miles per hour.
- In comparison, an average pontoon boat under ideal conditions with only one person on board can reach 31 miles an hour.
Whether you find yourself looking for new pontoon boats for sale at the beginning of the season or a used boat for sale at the end of the summer, if you own a lake house a great boat is always a worthwhile investment.