Staying fit is a challenge for a growing number of Americans. In fact, the latest research indicates that 66% of parents worry that their child spends too much time on electronic devices. Every one of these minutes spent with technology is time being inactive. It should come as no surprise then that there is an increasing amount of focus on getting everyone, no matter what age, more active. In fact, if you were to conduct an internet search of the word fitness, you would find pages of results. From kickboxing to kids martial arts and from bocce ball leagues to body surfing, there are any number of ways that you can increase your fitness levels.
As far as active fitness levels go, there are few things more exciting and rewarding than kickboxing classes. Set to music in a loud studio full of other participants or more controlled and disciplined as part of a jiu jitsu study, the benefits of kickboxing are far reaching.
Are You Looking for a Way to be More Physically Fit and Active?
Whether you are a young adult looking for a way to get back to a more active lifestyle or you are a parent who is trying to motivate your children by your own fitness habits, there is never a time that is not right for starting a new set of fitness goals. Fortunately, there are a number of ways, from kickboxing classes to swimming workouts, that you can make sure that you are getting the exercise that you need to help you life a longer and stronger life.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the physical habits of Americans and the impact that these are having on the health of the nation:
- Approximately 3.71 million people aged six years and above participated in tai chi in the U.S. in the year 2016.
- The number of participants from age six and up in kickboxing amount to approximately 6.9 million, according to research from the U.S. in the year 2016.
- 54% of older adults in a study who practiced tai chi attributed an improved sense of confidence to their improved balance.
- One single hour session of moderate intensity martial arts can burn as many as 500 calories.
- Fewer than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day
- Unfortunately, only 33% of adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week.
You do not have to wait until the beginning of the new year to start a new exercise routine.Today is the day. Sign up for those kickboxing classes, register for the swimming challenge. Just do something and make sure that you are setting new goals for your level of activity in this next month.